Tuesday, November 04, 2008

icebreakers

(4x6)

(6x8)

Enough procrastinating! I haven't painted in weeks, and am finding it hard to start again. Every day goes by without my taking time paint (kind of like the days go by without going to the gym), while I'm simultaneously feeling a little overwhelmed by all the things I want to paint! Even when I have set aside a little time in the last week or so, I couldn't decide what to do.
So these are my icebreakers: messy, overworked, and maybe a little hysterical? but a start. Maybe tomorrow will be easier now.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

annie said...

The 6x8 does have the look of autumn whether it's what you were trying to reach or not. Lovely feeling... the sun glowing through the yellow leaves, translucent--always makes me think of Japanese lanterns.
annie

Vivienne said...

It's good to see you're back in the saddle, and with no loss of vigour. What lovely paintings! I have just seen your moving photos and writing about the little bird. What courage and tenacity they have. We have a little magpie who steps into our kitchen quite regularly, despite our dogs, and can negotiate his way out the glass doors again quite calmly. He used to visit next door, and I hope he does not fall prey to the new tenants' cat.

Cathy Gatland said...

I know those feelings of procrastination and overwhelm well! Your icebreaker paintings are gorgeous - full of excitement and energy.

Carol Feldman said...

Maybe you see them as messy and overworked...I see them as spontaneous and emotive.

Your complaints about painting sound as though you have been listening in on me!

Keep your focus...it is worth it.

Suzanne McDermott said...

Just go for it. Remember, it's the process, not the result. But when the better results emerge, you'll be happy. And also, it's a practice. So enjoy your practice.

Ruth said...

Good for you!

Teresa said...

Love your colorful icebreakers... and the fact that you worded so well how I often feel! As soon as I finish my mini bathroom redecorating project (I'm painting, but not the right kind) I think I'll do an icebreaker or two myself!

Two brothers who are both chefs? Lucky you! Your family dinners must be awesome!