Tuesday, July 15, 2008

day four: perforce finished

(11x15)
I'm not happy with the top section--I fiddled indecisively with it too much to no avail; and now the paper's so overworked, there's really no remedy. Otherwise, I'll give it a "not bad": a good idea that could be better executed--and I think I will try it again, next time on paper that's more resilient.

I played hooky today and painted with Marge's group at the Corinthian Yacht Club in Cape May; it's not nearly so la-di-da as it sounds!
It was a beautiful day, but hot! The best thing was, when we got there in the morning, all the kids were out in their Sunfish, learning how to sail. What lucky kids--I admit I was jealous. Well, who wouldn't be?

Photos of my paintings TK.
Tomorrow--yes, I'm going to skip work again tomorrow--we'll be revisiting the absolutely stunning gardens (with a pathway leading to the ocean) at the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse in North Wildwood, NJ.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cathy Gatland said...

Your painting is gorgeous - that orange does sing in the blues and greens! Thanks for your input on my WIP - really appreciate a calm head!